Time/Type: Part-time, Volunteer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Executive Director
VerbalEyze seeks a director for its Writers Workshop program. The duties of Director, Writers Workshop include:
- Managing all components of the Writers Workshop program
- Establishing, facilitating and/or overseeing VerbalEyze sponsored writers workshops
- Promoting the Writers Workshop network to third-party writers workshops
- Providing support to member workshops of the Writers Workshop network
- Promoting and assisting in fund-raising for VerbalEyze
The successful candidate must 1) have experience teaching young people ages thirteen to twenty-two; 2) understand creative writing techniques and methods; 3) have experience creating curriculum; 4) successfully complete a fingerprint and criminal background check through the GCIC. The preferred candidate will have 1) published or otherwise worked in the theater, as a professional writer, or as an educator; or 2) a basic working knowledge of marketing and promotion.
VerbalEyze is a 501(c)3 nonprofit whose mission is to foster, promote and support the development and professional growth of young writers. Having completed much of the initial start-up process, VerbalEyze is expanding its leadership team beyond its two founding partners. This position is an opportunity to be part of the initial leadership team of an innovative and dynamic organization dedicated to youth development and education. Currently all positions, including those of President and Executive Director, are volunteer positions.
Please direct all inquiries and resumes to: